Current vacancies at The Hamble School are listed below.
Please click on the job title for more information…
Current vacancies at The Hamble School
Head of Computer Science
- Contract: Permanent – Full time
- Pay: Main Pay Range £22,917 – £33,492/ Upper Pay Range £35,927 – £38,633 as appropriate + TLR 2b £4,443 per annum
- Start date: 1 September 2018
- Closing date: Midday, Friday 18 May 2018
- Interview Date: TBC
The Hamble School is delighted to present an exciting opportunity to join our highly successful and dynamic team of middle leaders in the role of Head of Computer Science. We are a forward thinking and thriving school. We pride ourselves on the strength of our staff and student relationships and have a strong community and inclusive ethos. We are highly aspirational for our students and believe in the highest standards of teaching and learning along with a strong sense of team work. This philosophy is embodied by our strapline of ‘Achieving Excellence Together’.
This is a unique opportunity to join a forward thinking school in one of the most future orientated subjects and continue the excellent progress that the department has already made. As a school we are making rapid progress in all aspects of school life and it is therefore a very exciting time to join us.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Head of Computer Science.
The successful candidate will be:
- an outstanding leader, teacher and communicator
- enthusiastic and dedicated
- inspirational, forward thinking and dynamic
- able to demonstrate a track record of impact on student achievement
- have a passion for learning and teaching and have the drive to raise standards at KS3 and 4
- able to inspire both students and teachers of Computer Science to ensure that they achieve their full potential
- have a strong commitment to extra – curricular provision
- a passionate advocate for both Computer Science and ICT.
In return, we can offer you:
- support to progress to senior leadership as part of our Learn Alliance
- excellent CPD and professional development opportunities
- a positive and optimistic working environment focused on student progress
- first rate personal career development to assist you in the fulfilment of your ambitions
- excellent networking opportunities including involvement in PiXL and school partnerships
- a fantastically well-equipped campus with excellent leisure and sport/gym/swimming pool facilities that are free for staff to take full advantage of.
This post is a strategic and high profile role within the school. The suitable candidate will relish a challenge and be dedicated to providing a first class quality education to every child.
The Hamble School is a thriving 11-16 School with approximately 900 students. The school is a true comprehensive with enthusiastic and committed staff. We offer unprecedented opportunities to students of all ages and abilities on an extensive site.
We would welcome visits to the school to see us in action and all that we have to offer and invite you to come and have an informal chat, tour of the site and to meet the Head, staff and students.
For further details and how to apply please go to the school website www.thehambleschool.co.uk click on ‘Our School’ and ‘Vacancies’.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Job Description – Download (PDF)
Exam Invigilator (ongoing vacancies)
- Job Start Date: a.s.a.p.
- Contract/Hours: Casual
- Salary Details: £8.50 per hour
- Hours of Work: As and when – to be agreed with the school
- Location of Role: The Hamble School
This is an exciting opportunity to oversee the Pre Public (Mock) Examinations and GCSE examinations at The Hamble School.
We are seeking individuals who can promote a supportive atmosphere so that our students are able to fulfil or exceed their potential during the examination period.
Attached is a copy of the job description which explains the main responsibilities and duties to be carried out.
Invigilating is a vital role in supporting the Exams Officer to run busy exam periods in the school calendar.
In addition to exam invigilator duties, you will also act as a reader or a scribe for students who require access arrangements to support them in their examinations. Therefore, applicants must be confident in their literacy skills.
Please take time to read the attached job description. If you would like to be an integral member of the exams team, please complete the support staff application form at the top of this page and email it to email@example.com
We would like successful candidates to work during the Pre Public exams (February/ March 2018), Summer external examinations (May to June 2018) and the Pre Public examination period (November to December 2018). Availability during these time periods is essential.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Role Profile – Download (PDF)
The Hamble School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to DBS checks along with other relevant employment checks.