Best Results Ever Achieved at The Hamble School!
Team Hamble have achieved another set of exceptional results with more students than ever achieving top grades.
In a year where reformed, more challenging GCSE examinations have been introduced in English and mathematics, The Hamble School has bucked the predicted national downward trend and has instead continued to excel.
Following on from a highly successful Ofsted inspection where the school was judged as ‘Good’ with ‘Outstanding’ Leadership and Management’, the achievement of another set of record breaking results at The Hamble School now firmly cements us as the school of first choice within our local community.
Despite sitting more rigorous GCSE examinations in English and mathematics for the first time and a varied suite of other GCSE examinations, the students at The Hamble School were so well prepared by a superb and dedicated staff team that excellent results were achieved across all curriculum areas.
Current Headline Figures*
- 63% of students achieved a grade 9-4 (broadly equivalent to A*-C) in English and mathematics
- English: 73% of students achieved a 9-4 (broadly equivalent to A*-C) grade with 17% achieving grades 9-7 (broadly equivalent to A*/A).
- Maths: 71% of students achieved a 9-4 (broadly equivalent to A*-C) grade with 21% achieving grades 9-7 (broadly equivalent to A*/A).
- Triple Science: 69% of students achieved an A*-B grade with an average of 36% achieving grades A*/A.
Congratulations go to every member of the community at The Hamble School; the staff, the parents/carers and most importantly the students themselves.
A special mention must go to the top five attaining students in the year group; results such as this only come about through absolute commitment and a drive to achieve excellence.
- Ashling James: Achieved grade 9 in three subjects – English Language, English Literature and Mathematics, four A*s- French, History, ECDL, Biology, Chemistry and Physics, and an A in Spanish.
- Holly Powell: Achieved grade 9 in English Language and Mathematics, four A*s – French, PE, RE, Biology, grade 8 in English Literature and three As – History, ECDL and Chemistry.
- Elyse Marshall: Achieved grade 9 in English Literature and Mathematics, five A*s – Art, Product Design, ECDL, Science Core, Science Additional, a grade 8 in English Language and two As – History and Spanish.
- Lottie Ash: Achieved grade 9 in English Language, three A*s – Spanish, Biology, History, grade 8 in English Literature and Mathematics and four As – Physics, Chemistry, French and ECDL.
- Charlie Clark: Achieved grade 9 in Mathematics, four A*s – Physics, Chemistry, Biology, ECDL, grade 8 in English Language and two As – History and Music.
Education at The Hamble School is about ‘Achieving Excellence Together’ – the success for all of our students in their examinations will broaden their choices in the next stage of their life. We congratulate each and every one of them and wish them well for the future.
*Figures may change as a result of re-marks.
GCSE Results Day 2017
Click the images for a larger view