Welcome future Year 7s – September 2021!
Year 6 Transition – Virtual School Tour 2021
Last year, when we looked at Transition to The Hamble School from Primary School to Secondary School, with the arrival of Coronavirus we adapted our process to enable us to run Transition virtually. At that point we didn’t realise that a year later we would still be in nationwide lockdown (albeit with schools reopened) planning for a blended transition of virtual and physical events.
At The Hamble School we know how important Transition is to enable students to have a smooth move to Secondary school. We pride ourselves on the series of events that we put in place to make sure we have the best knowledge and understanding of each Year 6 who will be joining us.
This year, we are looking at running the following events/activities:
- We will be visiting your child’s primary schools to meet with their teachers and for some schools, meeting some students who will be coming up to us.
- Your child’s primary school will be putting together a comprehensive package of information for us so we can ensure we know any specific needs your child might have, what their successes are in primary school and any points that would be useful to know for their development.
- You will have a chance to book a tour of the school. Depending on national restrictions we are hoping these can be full tours both in and outside classrooms, if not they may be an external tour of the school.
- Every parent and child will have a personal consultation meeting with a member of the senior team in school. This is a perfect opportunity to highlight any important factors you feel it would be useful for us to know, ask any questions about the transition process, or just give your child a chance to get to know a key member of staff in school to make starting with us less daunting.
- With the current government roadmap for the lifting of restrictions nationally we are hopeful that students will be able attend The Hamble School for a physical ‘Induction Day’. This is a perfect opportunity for students to get to know the school a bit prior to September, form friendships and learn how Secondary School works (and that it’s not quite as scary as they think!).
*Please be aware that some of these will be subject to specific conditions that are related to Coronavirus and the current state of Coronavirus, nationally. This may mean that we are unable to run certain events or that we may need to change some of these events.
The plan below gives you an indication as to when certain events will be happening.
|May 2021||• Transition form sent to all parents for data collection.
• Virtual welcome to The Hamble School for students, to be played in their Primary Schools.
• Induction videos appear on Transition website (here) from:
o The Head of Year
o The Senior Leadership Team
o Heads of Department
o Learning Support and the Harbour
• Virtual tour of the school.
|May – June 2021||• Transition physical tours of the school|
|June 2021||• Tutor Group information released.
• Tutor Group Edmodo pages and login information released.
• Tutor transition programme launched on Edmodo.
|Wednesday 30th June 2021|
Thursday 1st July 2021
|Parent consultation evening 1
Parent consultation evening 2
|Tuesday 20th July 2021|
Wednesday 21st July 2021
|Year 6 induction day at The Hamble School – Day 1
Year 6 induction day at The Hamble School – Day 2
|July 2021||Tutor and Department challenges and competitions launched on Edmodo – optional transition activities to be completed over the summer.|
Senior Leadership Team
Heads of Department
In the meantime, keep checking back on this page for updates – we will let you know by email when new content is available.
If you are not receiving our emails then please check your junk email folder as they sometimes end up here. Unless you have let us know otherwise, the email address we have for you is the one provided to Hampshire/Southampton Admissions. If you would like us to change the default email we have for you then please let us know.
All enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
TRANSITION DOCUMENTS 2021
FREE SCHOOL MEALS
Online application for Free School Meals – click here