This week marked the end of the academic year. The students have had a wonderful time on trips/ visits and celebrating achievements. Some of our students visited the Hamble Hopper in Southampton and the Year 7s and 8s enjoyed a fabulous trip to the Mayflower to watch School of Rock. On Thursday all year groups reflected on a fantastic year during the year group rewards assemblies.
Mr Govan has written an end of year message to parents/ carers in his Headteacher Blog and we would urge you to download a copy of the final newsletter – It is a packed edition, which showcases a brilliant half term. https://www.thehambleschool.co.uk/newsletter/
We look forward to seeing all students back in school at 8:30am on Friday 2 September 2022. We are also excited to welcome the new Year 7s.
Have a wonderful summer and whilst we hope everyone will have a safe and trouble-free 6 weeks, there is information in this Weekly Message to support you.
Monday 22, Tuesday 23, Wednesday 24 and Friday 26 August – Year 6 to 7 Transition Summer School (selected students only).
Thursday 25 August – Year 11 GCSE Results Day.
Friday 2 September – All students return to school at 08:30am.
Letters sent this week
Year 7 – Year 8 Teaching Groups
Whole School – Headteacher Update, Newsletter (Edition 10)
Our letters are available here: https://www.thehambleschool.co.uk/letters-to-parents/
The Headteacher’s Blog is available here: https://hambleheadteacher.wordpress.com/
Please find below information from NHS regarding COVID-19 vaccine
We know some children feel nervous about getting their COVID-19 vaccine, so Solent NHS Trust and the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Integrated Care Board (ICB) have created this short video with Issy, aged nine, on what it was like for her coming in to get vaccinated. Children aged 5 to 15 years can receive two doses of the vaccine and given the rise in COVID in the community over recent weeks, it is important to help protect them and the people they meet before winter.
Children aged 5 to 11 are offered two smaller doses than older children and adults, with a gap of 12 weeks between doses. They can get their jab from many easy to reach locations including walk-in clinics, bookable appointments, or their local pharmacy. Parents and guardians can book an appointment or find their nearest walk-in clinic and time at www.nhs.uk/covid-vaccination
We understand that some parents may have questions or concerns about getting their child or themselves vaccinated. If you would like to talk to someone about this, please contact the Hampshire and Isle of Wight NHS vaccination helpline on 0300 561 0018.
Support over the summer
Please be aware that The Hamble School will be closed until Thursday 1 September for the summer holidays. This means that our Safeguarding Team will not be accessing StaySafe emails.
If you have a safeguarding concern regarding one of our students, you can contact Children’s Services on 0300 555 1384. For safeguarding concerns out of hours, the Children’s Services out of hours team are available on 0300 555 1373.
If you have an emergency please call 999.
Our Wellbeing Resources are available on our website: https://www.thehambleschool.co.uk/student-wellbeing-resources/
For more information, please click here: https://www.hampshirehealthyfamilies.org.uk/chathealth
- Food Vouchers: Households in receipt of council tax benefit can claim one food voucher worth £30 from their district or borough council. Information about how to access this voucher can be found here: https://www.hants.gov.uk/socialcareandhealth/childrenandfamilies/connectforcommunities/supportforfamilies
- Community Pantries: Pantries are open to everyone in the community and provide access to food at a lower cost. They offer a range of fresh, frozen and general foods, which change each week. Access to the Community Pantry is by membership and, for a small weekly contribution, members can select food to a significantly higher value. Many of these pantries have cafes and meeting spaces and offer other forms of support. They can put you in touch with organisations that can help with utility bills, health, employment, and education. Details of local pantries can be found here: https://www.hants.gov.uk/socialcareandhealth/childrenandfamilies/connectforcommunities/communitypantries-overview/communitypantries
- Support for utility costs: Households struggling to meet the cost of their utility bills for water, gas or electricity can contact their local Citizens Advice. Details of local Citizens Advice offices can be found here: https://citahants.org/need-advice/local%2520ca%2520offices.html
- Emergency housing support: This is available from district and borough councils. This does not include ongoing support for rent or mortgage payments. Details of how to access emergency housing support can be found here: https://www.hants.gov.uk/socialcareandhealth/childrenandfamilies/connectforcommunities/supportforfamilies/housing-support/housing-support-hants
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com
To find out what support and activities are available locally search the Hampshire: https://fish.hants.gov.uk/kb5/hampshire/directory/home.page
Extra Curricular – Summer Activities
- Southampton Cultural Services are pleased to offer a range of exciting, informative and uplifting activities over the summer holidays. Further details are available here: https://www.wegottickets.com/southamptonCulture
- Hampshire Live have produced a great list of free things to do with children over the summer. To read the article, click here: https://www.hampshirelive.news/whats-on/family-kids/free-things-hampshire-whole-family-7368153
As we start to think ahead to September 2022 over the summer, we thought it would be helpful to share a few reminders:
- A sensible school bag with the required equipment is need
- Students must follow the school uniform policy
- When buying new shoes, please check the shoe guide carefully
- If students are having any piercings (other than one hole in each ear lobe) over the summer, please ensure that they get them done at the start. Retainers or studs are not allowed, unless it is a single hole in each ear lobe
- Students must adhere to make-up, jewellery and haircut policies.
All of the information on uniform, equipment and shoes, can be found here: https://www.thehambleschool.co.uk/uniform/
Weekly Cyber Information