Alongside successful teaching, we have recognised the importance of providing our students with strategies for successful revision. We understand that every student will learn in a different way, so we endeavour to equip our students with as many different approaches to revision as possible. It is hoped that through key events, such as our ‘Steps to Success’ evenings, we can also help parents to support their child when revising at home. Presented by our lead practitioners for teaching and learning, it is hoped that students and parents understand the necessary steps to help achieve deserved success.
There are certain website links that utilise the different revision strategies and exercises that have been shared with students and parents.
Those recommended by us are (click the icons below to open the specific websites):
KS4 Subject Specific Revision
For subject specific revision recommendations, please refer to the subject section below:
- Art – BBC bitesize GCSE guide books. Access provided for students in lessons.
- Art Textiles – BBC bitesize GCSE guide books. Access provided for students in lessons.
- Citizenship – Edexcel Citizenship GCSE Revision Guide for Units 1 & 3C. Given to students.
Design & Technology
- Catering – GCSE WJEC Catering CGP. Given to students.
- Resistant Materials – AQA revision guides. Avaiable to buy.
- Graphics – AQA revision guides. Avaiable to buy.
- Construction – Produced in house.
- Product Design – AQA revision guides. Avaiable to buy.
- Engineering BTEC – Peasorns revision guide. Avaiable to buy.
- Textiles – AQA revision guides. Avaiable to buy.
- Drama (BTEC). No revision guide resources given to students.
- English Language – CGP- English Language Guide and Workbook,/Writing Skills/ Spelling Punctuation and Grammar. Available to buy.
- English Literature– CGP- Power and Conflict poetry Revision Guide/ An Inspector Calls – Text Guide/Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde – Text Guide/ Romeo and Juliet, The Play. Available to buy.
- Geography–CGP GCSE Geography OCR B Specification The Revision Guide. Available to buy.
- History –All produced in house. Given to students.
ICT & Computing
- ICT – Revise Edexcel GCSE ICT Revision Guide. Given to students.
- Computing – My Revision Notes OCR Computing for GCSE Computer Systems and Programming. Given to students.
Maths – Edexcel Revision guide 1-9; MathsWatch is the best. All students are given MathsWatch logins.
- French/Spanish – Pearson/Edexcel Revision guide. Given to students.
- Music – CGP GCSE AQA Music. Available to buy.
- PE GCSE – Edexcel Revision guide. Given to students.
- PE BTEC– Revise BTEC Sport. Given to students.
- Religious Studies – AQA GCSE Specification B 2014 Revision Guide. Given to students.
- Science– Collins AQA Core and Additional Science Revision Guide and Workbook. Given to students.