Online Safety Presentation – Download (PDF)
For children of secondary school age it’s likely that the internet and social media is a part of their daily life. New technologies and digital media may have changed the way young people communicate, socialise and create but the importance of parental guidance remains the same.
Research tells us that having a supportive parent or carer can make all the difference in helping a young person learn to stay safe. Here at The Hamble School we help our students to be ‘e-safe’ by educating them on how to stay safe on the internet and while using digital technologies. We also have students who are trained Cyber Ambassadors that help plan and deliver assemblies around cyber safety, as well as supporting students through a regular lunchtime session at the Student Hub.
There is also a whole host of information for Parents, Carers, and Students available below.
Useful Guides & Information for Parents
- CEOP – Child Exploitation and Online Protection
- UK Safer Internet Centre
- Think U Know
- Kid Smart
- Family Online Safety Institute
- I’m worried my child might see something inappropriate online
- How to support children with SEND with talking to people online
- Supporting Positive Sexual Behaviour
- Talking About Sex
- Using Parental Controls
- What Children Don’t Tell Their Parents
- What is live streaming?