It is the responsibility of The Hamble School to ensure all candidates are given the best possible opportunity to be successful in their examinations.
This site will provide all students with the necessary information they need before and during their timetabled examinations.
Summer Exams Timetable – Download (PDF)
GCSE Exam Changes – Guidance for Parents
GCSE Grading is Changing In 2017 Frequently Asked Questions For Parents – Download (PDF)
ASCL: GCSE Factsheet – Download (PDF)
Exam Documents 2018/19
A few things to remember:
- Read all the “Information for Candidate” files above.
- Remember your candidate number and centre number.
- You must be in full School Uniform at all times, unless otherwise directed by SLT.
- A BLACK pen – Electronic scanners that mark the papers cannot read any other colour ink.
- Do not bring mobile phones into the exam room. If you do need to bring a phone in – please switch it off and hand it to the invigilators.
- Wrist watches, Smart Watches and bracelets should be removed and placed on your exam desk.
- Listen to all verbal instructions given by SLT or the invigilators.
- DO NOT touch the exam papers until told to do so.
- Read the front of the exam paper carefully.
- Complete the front of the exam paper with your candidate information – only when told to do so.
- All exam stationary (pens, pencils, erasers, compass, protractors etc.) to be placed in a clear pencil case.
- Do not bring in to the examination room any equipment that you do not need.
- Calculators must be lid free.
- Drinks bottles should be of clear plastic and label free.
- Keep Calm, if your mind goes blank re-read the paper slowly.
- Check through your work at the end of the exam, do not waste time.
- Please do not write on or deface the exam desks or exam cards.
- If you have borrowed any equipment, please ensure you return it to the invigilators at the end of the exam.
- If you have any problems, or feel unwell during the exam, please tell an invigilator.
- Eat a good breakfast.
Examination Policies and Procedures 2018/19
The following Examination Policies confirm the procedures put in place by the school concerning examinations.
If you have a query on any of the examination policies below, please contact the Exams officer via the Main School Reception.